The Get It Right Initiative (GIRI) is dedicated to improving construction productivity and quality by eliminating errors. Research undertaken by GIRI found that the measured direct costs of avoidable errors are in the order of 5% of the project value. This equates to approximately £5 billion per annum across the sector in the UK. When unmeasured costs are included the situation worsens with total costs ranging between 10%-25% between £10-£25 billion per annum.
The GIRI has the strategic aim to improve construction productivity and quality by eliminating errors. As a member, we will use the GIRI goals in our strategies going forward to help our customers too. The goals are;
• Create a culture and working environment to get it right from the start.
• Change attitudes and harness leadership responsibility to reduce error and improve quality and productivity.
• Engage all stakeholders in eliminating error from inception, through operation, to completion.
• Share knowledge about error reduction processes and systems.
• Improve skills across the sector creating a positive approach to pre-empting error.
We are proud to be a member of the Get It Right Initiative as we are also dedicated to eliminating errors in the form of damage. We hope our membership will be able to educate us more so we can inform our customers of the saving techniques available to them through the use of Protectapeel® but also other ways of reducing errors and damage.